Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hamburger Marys



No Burgers. Just Brunch.

Okay, they do have burgers. They might have the world's best burgers for all I know, but what draws me to the corner of Santa Monica and Sweetzer (a couple blocks East of Fairfax) are the $1 mimosas. Now, THAT is in my price range.

Every Sunday until 3pm, Hamburger Marys dishes up some great eggs, crepes, pancakes, but most importantly, $1 mimosas and $3 bloody marys (coincidence in the name? I think not!). When it comes to bloody marys, however, I usually splurge for the Absolute Peppar. Only a couple dollars more, and the drink is SO much better. As far as mimosas go, since the glass is small, and the service is meh (I'll go there next), I recommend doing the $12 carafe. It should technically be $10, since I don't think twelve mimosas fit in there, but they charge $12 anyway.

On to the service! Located in the heart of West Hollywood, this restaurant/bar is fully staffed with really good looking gay men (they even have Drag Queen bingo on Weds. nights - a MUST). Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that these waiters spend more time at the gym than in the books. It is very hit or miss, but most of the time my friends and I get stuck waiting for a while, or our orders are screwed up. NOT a big deal, in my opinion, especially in the company of mimosa carafes.

Also, there is something to be said about the quality of mimosas at Hamburger Marys. DELIGHTFUL. They have a good amount of Champagne, and the OJ isn't pulpy. Genius? I thought so.

1 comment:

Just Married said...

I could go with a mimosa carafe right about now.. mmm...